Monday, March 9, 2009

Summary

Yes - doing the program has been good! Although I have known about many of these WEB 2.0 applications in theory - it has been good for me to actually give them a go! And spend a bit of time exploring where they lead.
It's one thing to know about them and another to experience them!
Yes - I would do a program like this again. Putting time aside like the "web lunches" was terrific for me - because it gave me "legitimate time" to put aside my other work and concentrate on the program.
The one thing I find is that the abundance of information/photos/tags/videoclips/etc can be a bit overwhelming. There is SO MUCH OF IT. With every man/woman and his dog able to contribute and share information - it is overwhelming. One needs to be selective in choosing one's interests.
It's no wonder that people can spend hours and hours on the internet.
Lots of applications would be good for the library. Giving our library borrowers an opportunity to participate in something would be good eg. a wiki with a focus
A big thank you to Katie - what a big job this has been - in adapting a program for Hobsons Bay and then getting a whole lot of people to give it a go and get over the line!!

1 comment:

wosemarywebolutionary said...

great comments Anne, I agree with all of them...and well done for becoming a webolutionary!!!